This recipe is brought to you by our culinary arts program, Cooking for Life, which prepares homeless youth for a career in hospitality.
|Chicken thighs, skinless, boneless||6 each|
|Garlic, chopped coarsely||3 cloves|
|Vinegar, white wine||½ cup|
|Extra virgin olive oil||¼ cup|
|Fresh red chili pepper, minced||1 each|
|Fresh sage leaves, chopped||2 tbsp|
|Fresh rosemary leaves, chopped||1 tbsp|
|Parsley leaves, stemmed, coarsely chopped||1/3 cup|
|Black sundried Sicilian olives, pitted||¼ cup|
|Sundried tomatoes, cut into strips||¼ cup|
|Potatoes, new yellow skin, cut into quarters||6 each|
|Chicken stock||4 cups|
|Sea salt||1 tsp|
|Black pepper, coarsely ground||1 tsp|
- Place chicken thighs in an oven-safe baking dish. Sprinkle with garlic, chili pepper, sage, rosemary, parsley. Pour over vinegar and oil. Marinate poultry, ensuring chicken is covered with above seasonings, oil and vinegar mixture. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Add potatoes, olives, and tomatoes. Add the chicken stock.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Bake the chicken uncovered in oven for 1 hour, until chicken is golden and reaches an internal temperature of 82 degree Celsius.
- Arrange the potatoes on a warm platter. Slice the chicken and serve with pan juices dressed over the chicken.
Stainless steel bowls, measuring spoons, measuring cups, cutting board, kitchen knife, roasting pan, wooden spoon, and thermometer