Covenant House International
Covenant House is an internationally recognized child care agency with “houses” in 28 cities in Canada (Toronto and Vancouver), the U.S. and Latin America.
Covenant House International President
Covenant House International President and CEO Kevin Ryan, a highly regarded U.S. youth advocate, oversees the agency's international network.
Kevin has committed his life and career to serving youth, including several prominent government leadership positions and an extensive history protecting homeless youth. He is a lawyer who has focused on public interest law. He also spent a decade working as a counsellor with Covenant House at its New York and New Jersey sites.
Kevin and his wife, Clare, have six children.
He succeeds Sister Patricia Cruise who stepped down from the position in August 2008 after five years of service.
Other Covenant House Locations
- New York, NY: founded in 1972
- Guatemala City, Guatemala: 1981
- Toronto, Canada: 1982
- Houston, Texas: 1983
- New Orleans, Louisiana: 1984
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida: 1985
- Tegucigalpa, Honduras: 1987
- Anchorage, Alaska: 1988
- Los Angeles, California: 1988
- Mexico City, Mexico: 1988
- Newark, New Jersey: 1989
- Atlantic City, New Jersey: 1989
- Elizabeth, New Jersey: 1993
- Washington, D.C.: 1995
- Orlando, Florida: 1995
- Detroit, Michigan: 1997
- Vancouver, Canada: 1997
- Managua, Nicaragua: 1998
- St. Louis, Missouri: 1998
- Oakland, California: 1998
- Philadelphia, Pennsylvania: 1999
- Atlanta, Georgia: 2000
- Montclair, New Jersey: 2009
- Jersey City, New Jersey: 2011
- Camden, New Jersey: 2012
- Asbury Park, New Jersey: 2012
- Grand Rapids, Michigan: 2013
- Chicago, Illinois: 2017
| Success stories
Your support goes directly to providing safe shelter, food, counselling and opportunity for homeless kids. Donate now
A moving day
With entry-level wages and no family support, Jason worried that an independent life would be impossible.
Read more »
Follow UsGet Involved
Helping Street Kids
Give a meaningful gift of food, shelter, job training and more through the Street Kids Gift Catalogue.
Browse gifts »
Host a Fundraiser
Make a big impact on the lives of homeless kids by raising money at your own event or by hosting a food drive. Learn more »