This recipe is brought to you by our culinary arts program, Cooking for Life, which prepares homeless youth for a career in hospitality.
|Chicken breast, boneless, 4 to 5 oz each||4 each|
|Tabasco sauce||1 tsp|
|Worcestershire sauce||1 tbsp|
|Garlic powder||2 tsp|
|Onion powder||1 tsp|
|Thyme, fresh chopped||1/3 bunch (1/4 cup or substitute 4 tsp dried)|
|Oregano, fresh chopped||1/3 bunch (1/4 cup or substitute 4 tsp dried)|
|Flour, all purpose||1 cup|
|Egg, whole, lightly beaten||3 each|
|Water, cold||2 cups|
|Cornflakes, crushed||4 cups|
|Black pepper, ground||to taste|
- Preheat oven 3500F (200oC).
- Prepare seasoning by combining flour, with garlic, onion and herbs.
- Prepare egg wash by combining eggs with water. Beat lightly until well combined.
- Cut chicken breasts in halves. Marinate chicken pieces in butter milk, tabasco, Worcestershire sauce. Allow to marinate overnight in refrigerator. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Remove chicken from marinade. Discard marinade.
- Dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour.
- Dip chicken in egg wash.
- Dredge chicken in crushed cornflakes.
- Place on parchment lined baking tray. Transfer to oven and bake until poultry reaches an internal safe temperature of 1850F (85oC).
- Serve immediately.